Wednesday 28 March 2012

EVALUATION ACTIVITY 7 - Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?




Since the start of the course, I have learnt a lot about the research, planning, shooting, editing and distribution/promotion, in which goes into creating a film. The preliminary task was the beginning of the practical side of this course. We were taught about all of the different camera shots and angles such as long shots, establishing shots and the 180 degree rule in order to create a storyline that would be easy to follow. 


Skills that I have learnt and improved upon:

  • Usage of media documents; scripts, storyboards and shooting schedule's, these enabled me to be more organised into what I was filming on a specific day. The use of professional script software meant that I could correctly write my script and distribute copies to my actors. When planning for my Preliminary Task, I didn't use any of media documents so I feel that this lead to a poorer lower quality preliminary task film.
  • Wider variety of shots - close ups, more shot reverse shots, high/low angle shots, long shots, medium shots.
  • Better knowledge and usage of Final Cut Pro and film creating software available on the iMac, as previously in my preliminary task we were not using all of the software, however when completing my editing for my final media product, I used a wider range of effects and more professional title's.
  • In my final media product, I found that because of my developed skills from the preliminary task I was able to complete an effective looking final film, with all of the different camera angles which made it look more professional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment