Wednesday 28 March 2012

EVALUATION ACTIVITY 4 - Who would be the audience for your media product?


Here is an image in which I believe my target audience would be for my media product. I am aiming my film at students between the age of 16 - 21 years. I feel that with the use of male actors and knife crime in my product, my audience is mainly targeted at male students. I aimed my media product at middle to lower class citizens who have grown up in a crime filled culture. This isn't to say that my product can't be enjoyed by middle to upper class citizens as it can also make them aware of what can happen to people when they get into trouble with the wrong people. This is very stereotypical but it is the best way of analysing my target audience.

Before I created my media product I asked a group of students at college between the age of 16 - 20 to name what their favourite films are, here are some of the most popular choices:
  • Adulthood
  • Green Street
  • Scarface
  • Blow
All of these films are both drug and gang related which helped me make a very easy decision to what my target audience would be.

After I had completed my media product, I asked the same people what they thought about my film. Here are some of their responses:
  • "I really want to see what happens after the stabbing."
  • "I like the fact that you have used motorbikes in the scene as it makes it look more threatening towards the person who gets stabbed."
  • "I think it is good, but I would like to see more of the stabbing scene."
I think that the feedback I recieved from my peers was very positive and it confirmed that my decision to target a young age group was deffinately the correct choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment